Manager, Quality Improvement/Patient Safety
September 15, 2021
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News’s Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national “standout” hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures – an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an “A” grade for Patient Safety.
This leader has operational accountability and oversight, and manages the daily activities of the department or area. In this role, the leader sets the tone and models positive leadership behavior, while ensuring team work tasks, projects, and responsibilities are completed successfully in support of departmental and organizational goals.
– Require Bachelor Degree in healthcare related field.
– Require a minimum of ten (10) years healthcare experience within a hospital setting with five (5) years of experience in quality improvement and/or statistical analysis.
– Require a minimum of three (3) years hospital related management experience.
– Require current knowledge of CMS quality reporting program requirements, publicly reported measures, data abstraction and associated data management.
– Require current Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ). Non-certified candidates will be expected to achieve within two (2) years of hire.
– Require knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows operating system.
– Require effective interpersonal & communication skills.
– Require ability to adapt to change quickly.
– Prefer current knowledge of all hospital related accreditation (T JC, DNV) and regulatory bodies (CMS, AHCA), and CMS public reporting quality measures.
BD: Bachelor Degree
M D: Master’s Degree
Required License and Certs
CPHQ: Cert Prof Healthcare Quality
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License
For your commitment, we offer the following benefit plans and options:
Apply online at www.smh.com/careers.